If you will work online, there are so many things that you need to consider. One of which is how will you get paid? Online shopping requires online payments. Working online requires a way to get paid online. There is a lot of outsourcing sites out there and there are so many ways to earn online. One of the best way to handle payments online is through Paypal. New Paypal members wonder how to verify their accounts by adding credit cards or debit cards so I made this step-by-step tutorial to show Pinoys how to verify paypal through a Metrobank Credit Card. This can also be applicable with some other banking accounts.
Receiving Payments on an Unverified Account
If you are enrolled in any outsourcing site they will ask for you paypal email account so you can get paid for your offered services. You will be notified through your email if you received a payment and login to your paypal account to accept your payment. This is very possible even if you don’t have credit card so it is important to havea verified account to be able to withdraw or transfer your earnings.
Sending Payments on an Unverified Account
Now you can also send payments from a unverified account YET there is a sending limit of P22,475.00 PHP if you don’t have CC added to your paypal account.
Withdrawal on an Unverified Account
You cannot withdraw money from your paypal unless you add you credit/debit card even if you already added a bank account. You can purchase online or transfer but not to withdraw.
Steps to Verify Paypal Account with Metrobank Credit Card
1. Assuming that you signed up first without a credit card on a paypal account (premium). Go to My Accounts Overview tab and click add a credit/debit card at the rightmost part of the page.
2. Once you sign up make sure that you account information details are correct. The registered name should be the same with the name on your credit card. You will see the page below and input the correct data. Name will be default, choose your cc card type(mine was Mastercard). It has 16 digits so carefully input them. The expiration date and the Card verification number. For Metrocard holders it is the last 3 digits at the back of your card. Then your default address and hit Add card.
3. An amount of P100.00PHP will be charged from your credit card which will appear on your bill statement. Sadly, for Metrobank credit card holders there is no online checking so you need to wait. You might want to enroll for Metrobank Direct on your local branch for online banking services. For some people, it is sent every 3rd week of the month. Look for the 4-digit code from the transaction from paypal and you will need this to confirm your card on the next step.
4. Once you get the 4-digit code you may now confirm your card. Go to My account Overview and click confirm your card. Enter your 4-digit paypal code, click sumbit and you’re done! Now you lifted your sending and withdrawal limits. Enjoy! J
Let us know if this was helpful not only for Metrobank acocunt holders but also for other banking accounts. Goodluck kababayan! 🙂
- How to Make Your PayPal Account Verified Without a Credit Card (blogelina.com)
- PayPal card reader will accept all major credit brands (lexingtonlaw.com)
- Online Payments Increase as Cash Use Falls, Says PaymentSense (prweb.com)
- What are the main reasons behind high online payment processing fees (with or without credit card) ? (electronicpaymentdevices.wordpress.com)
- How to verify paypal account without credit card 2013 (pneet.wordpress.com)
- Farmers, meet your new best friend: PayPal (permaprocess.com)